Who we are
How this Policy applies
Who is the Data Controller?
Carrick Enterprises, Inc. is the “data controller” of personal data collected by all of Carrick Enterprises. Carrick Enterprises, Inc. is responsible for deciding how personal data is collected, used, and disclosed.
Data you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us, information from third parties, and information that we collect through automated means. For example, we collect:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, such as your first name and last name, title, institution name, and email address
- Transaction information you provide when you request information, contact Carrick Enterprises, or create a test
- Information sent directly to another User, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information
- Activity information about your use of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address
You may decline to provide us with your information. However, this will limit your ability to register for an account or use our Services. You may review, change, or remove your information through your account settings.
How we collect information
We collect information you provide to us when you register with us, participate in public forums or other activities on our sites and applications, respond to User surveys, or otherwise interact with us online or offline.
We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications.
How we use this information
Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- Enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our Services
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services
- Personalize content and experiences
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by performing market research and using analytics tools
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Service so that such information can no longer be linked to you
How we share your information with third parties
We will never share, sell, rent, or trade your personal information with third-parties – ever.
The laws in some jurisdictions require us to provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection and use of your information. To the extent those laws apply to you, your controls and choices may include:
- Updating, and deleting your registration account
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts
- Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- Requesting removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or applications
You may exercise these controls and choices in various ways, including contacting Customer Service, following instructions provided in communications sent to you, or by using your device.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our Services may not be able to take into account your interests and preferences. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us.
European Economic Area residents: Legal bases for use of your information & controls and choices
The laws in the European Economic Area and some other jurisdictions require us to provide users, to the extent those laws apply to such users, with the following information:
Legal grounds for use and disclosure of personal information
- On the basis of implied or express consent, such as to send you certain information, including marketing communications, or to collect and process your information for research purposes, or otherwise agreed; or
- For our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others such as to ensure the security of our Sites, operate and improve our business and our Sites, respond to your questions, engage in certain marketing, make and receive payments, comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud, conduct analysis, enforce our Terms, engage in a business change (e.g., sale, merger), to know the User to whom we are providing the Service, and to create anonymous data.
Controls and choices
- In addition, users in the European Economic Area and some other jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
- Users in the European Economic Area have the right to opt-out of all of our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, they may contact us.
- The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In situations in which we process personal data on behalf of our user, we may refer the request to the relevant user and cooperate with their handling of the request, subject to any special contractual arrangement with that user.
- In addition to these rights, Users in the European Economic Area have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
How we protect your information and data retention
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect user information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We will retain your personal information for the length of time required or permitted by law. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Data transfers, storage, and processing globally
We operate globally but your personal information is only stored on our private servers in the United States. Wherever your personal information is transferred, stored, or processed by us, we will take steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
We never store any identifying information about the students you test. If you test students under the age of 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) it is your responsibility to obtain parental consent. We comply with all age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.